Bank Cord Tissue with FamilyCord
Cord tissue is a source of many cell types, including mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs). Researchers have discovered that MSCs will play a major role in future clinical therapies using Regenerative Medicine.
When you bank cord tissue with FamilyCord, we take extra steps to give you extra confidence. Unlike other cord blood banks that store cord tissue, FamilyCord verifies the quantity and quality of your baby's mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) before placing them into long-term storage.
- Processing and Extraction: Maximize the number of cells available
FamilyCord fully processes the cord tissue and extracts the cells into a solution. Storing cells as a solution (rather than as tissue segments) allows for superior cryopreservation that maximizes the number of cells available for future use. Some other banks only store tissue segments.
- Verification: See the quality of your baby's stem cells
A small sample is cultured from every cord tissue to demonstrate cellular growth. This quality control step provides verification of the MSCs growth potential for future therapies (this information cannot be obtained from cord tissue segments).
- PhotoCertificate: The proof is in the picture
When you choose to bank your baby's cord tissue with FamilyCord's CordTissuePlus, you will receive a PhotoCertificate of storage with:
- Total cell count and viability (pre-freeze)
- Verified growth of the treatment-ready stem cells
- A photograph of MSC cellular growth